Week 7 Report

Hello all,

The last week was the 7th week of coding weeks in GSoC program. I continued adding support for the non supported items.

 Report in points:
  • Final Exams update .
  • Finalize the 3 patches that still under review by solving any comments .
  • Add support for Menu Button objects .
  • patches status.
=====================================

1) This week I started my final exams in the university. it started from July 18th and it will end on August 11th. The most difficult part of the exams will be week 8 so I will remain working during my exams period as much as possible. I will also remain submitting the weekly reports on the mailing list as much as I can. But I will interact less than usual and work for shorter time.
=====================================

2) The last week I left 3 patches without merging. They are mainly the patches that add support for Tool Box Objects for example" "bottom find bar" and patch with a test case that tests the find bar. Also The patch that extend the ComboBox UIObject. They are all now merged and finalized.
=====================================

2) I also This week worked on the support for Menu Button objects. The work is done here in this patch.

This will help us test MenuButton like "gear button menu in Tools->Customize" You can test this type of button by excuting this actions:

var_name.executeAction("OPENLIST", mkPropertyValues({}))
var_name.executeAction("CLOSELIST", mkPropertyValues({}))
var_name.executeAction("OPENFROMLIST", mkPropertyValues({"POS": "0" }))

Then you can check on it using this lines:

get_state_as_dict(var_name)["Label"]
  get_state_as_dict(var_name)["Checked"]

I will work next week on adding test case for this added support and also making a video showing how it works.
=====================================

5) patches status:
=====================================

Next week Tasks:
  • Finalize the patch and adding new patch with test case of  "gear button menu in Tools->Customize " .
  • Work on another unsupported item.

Thanks for reading. And I am really interested to hear all your feedback and comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GSoC'20 final report & Project Documentation

Week 11 Report

Week 10 Report